Day 125 - Blood orange & grenadine Paloma


Its Cinco de Mayo, so of course the menu for dinner was Mexican inspired. The libations had to take a bit of a modifications, when I discovered that my freezer was devoid of ice, and my bar cabinet was out of triple sec, so the frozen margarita idea had to be discarded. What I did have on hand was reposado Tequila,  grenadine syrup and a bottle of blood orange soda, and so here's my second Paloma recipe in a week. Instead of rimming the glass with salt, I added 1/2 a teaspoon of the rich syrupy brine from my stash of preserved lemons.

Blood orange & grenadine Paloma: (1 serving)

You need:
3 oz tequila
1 tablespoon lime juice
1-2 oz grenadine syrup (depends upon how sweet you want the drink)
3 oz Blood orange soda (I got mine from Whole Foods)
Ice cubes

Combine all the ingredients except the soda in a cocktail shaker, shake and pour out into a glass (rimmed with salt, optionally). Top up with the blood orange soda & served chilled.



Comments

Popular Posts