Day 148 - One Pot Tomato rice with roasted corn


This was one of my staple one pot dishes that carried me through graduate school at NYU. I'd temper mustard, cumin and curry leaves in oil, add frozen corn and 1/2 a can of tomato paste along with some salt & chili powder. Toss in some rinsed rice and pressure cook the whole thing down to a satisfying risotto consistency.
Times change, I discovered the amazing frozen roasted corn at Trader Joes and my own successfully canned tomato relish ( which successfully crossed the 7 month mark).
All I need for this simple rice dish is
1 cup rinsed Basmati rice
1/3 cup tomato relish (you may want to decrease the amount if using a store bought product)
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Frozen roasted corn
1 1/2 cup water

Combine all the ingredients in a container that fits into your pressure cooker. Allow the steam to build up in the cooker until the weight releases two puffs of steam. Allow to cool, fold to combine the corn which ends up on the surface. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with Papad & Raita.

Comments

Popular Posts