Day 192 - Berry summer pudding



I must admit, I partially goofed up at every step  in preparing this elegant pudding. I ended up buying a thin loaf of stale Italian bread rather than  a soft loaf with a square cross section. The fruits were to be stewed just to the point where they softened up releasing their juices, but retained their shape.. I ended up stewing them to almost a jammy state, concentrating the liquid to a gel. But this recipe from Merril Stubbs, the Co-founder of Food52 is foolproof and a must for savoring berries at their summer best. I used a mix of strawberries, Raspberries & blue berries. I ended up brushing the un soaked part of the bread with some basil infused sweet syrup to increase the moisture content.

Here is the link to the recipe: https://food52.com/recipes/13392-berry-summer-pudding

Comments

Popular Posts