Day 122 - Grapefruit Paloma (Booze and cocktails)


I like to think of Palomas as a low maintenance version of a margarita. All you need is tequila , limes, club soda and whatever squeezable fruit on hand. And as luck would have it, I guzzled down my last bottle of Fentimans Brewed Orange Jigger that I'd picked up from my local grocery, and had to substitute with a couple of grapefruit lounging on my counter. This was definitely a great way to use up grapefruit!

You need: (makes one 8 oz serving)
2 fl. oz  aged Tequila
2 fl. oz Simple syrup
juice of 1/2 a lime
2 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
club soda or seltzer
Ice

Rub the rim of a glass with a cut lime and dip into a plate of kosher salt to coat the rim. Combine the tequila,  lime juice, simple syrup, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake well and pour out into the salt rimmed glass. Top up with club soda. Garnish with other smaller fruit that may be hanging around the kitchen!

Comments

Popular Posts