May 2 - Kolhapuri Kefir Kadhi


Its not like I actively seek out and tear my grey matter trying to come up with new dishes to feed the family daily. This was a classic example of making do with whatever is around. The main dish for the day was char fried eggplants stuffed with a spicy onion garlic spice blend. I have this fantastic stash direct from Kolhapur, thanks to an old school friend, Sangeeta  who runs a fabulous resort in the city. I store it double bagged airtight in the freezer and use it whenever I get the right produce to showcase the masala with.

whatever was left over of Kolhapuri masala which was combined with peanut butter & sathu flour from stuffing the eggplants was then whipped into a bowl of Kefir and then simmered to create this kadhi. the deep color from the Kolhapuri chilies tones down to give the dish its beautiful peach colored hue.

Comments

Popular Posts